Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Who understands the climax of "Transcendence"?

  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15

    Post Who understands the climax of "Transcendence"?

    I watched Transcendence recently and the ending was a little bit confusing.
    Will Caster does everything humankind wishes for and humans feared his capabilities and wanted to kill him. That's fine. But why didn't Evelyn understand him? She was his wife, after all.
    In the end, she understands that he has been doing it for the good, but they end up dying,. Why? He could have healed her in a second. He knew every chemical component in her body and he could have easily detected the virus in her system. But he didn't. How? Are they loopholes or do they have an explanation?
    In the very end, their garden is shown to be flourishing, after their death. What's that supposed to mean? It was an ingenious movie...Any ideas on my questions?

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Karikaalan's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya
    Posts
    340
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    I watched Transcendence recently and the ending was a little bit confusing.
    Will Caster does everything humankind wishes for and humans feared his capabilities and wanted to kill him. That's fine. But why didn't Evelyn understand him? She was his wife, after all.
    In the end, she understands that he has been doing it for the good, but they end up dying,. Why? He could have healed her in a second. He knew every chemical component in her body and he could have easily detected the virus in her system. But he didn't. How? Are they loopholes or do they have an explanation?
    In the very end, their garden is shown to be flourishing, after their death. What's that supposed to mean? It was an ingenious movie...Any ideas on my questions?
    Don't be so confused.. I think the writing of the film was so week.. a very good concept was wasted. This movie was blamed for its week writing in Hollywood as I know.. logicless loopholes.. I don't know why Christopher Nolan took part in this project ,just for his favourite cinematographer making a movie ...

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Don't be so confused.. I think the writing of the film was so week.. a very good concept was wasted. This movie was blamed for its week writing in Hollywood as I know.. logicless loopholes.. I don't know why Christopher Nolan took part in this project ,just for his favourite cinematographer making a movie ...
    So they ARE loopholes then. I was so into the concept, that I ended up thinking that I didn't get the explanation well. Maybe the writing is bad, but I can't hate this movie...It somehow feels special to me.
    The chemistry between Evelyn and Will is too precious to be ignored.
    And Johnny Depp-who cannot love his acting? Had this movie contained some valid explanations behind everything, then it would have been the best. Right now, it's good for me.

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Karikaalan's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya
    Posts
    340
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    So they ARE loopholes then. I was so into the concept, that I ended up thinking that I didn't get the explanation well. Maybe the writing is bad, but I can't hate this movie...It somehow feels special to me.
    The chemistry between Evelyn and Will is too precious to be ignored.
    And Johnny Depp-who cannot love his acting? Had this movie contained some valid explanations behind everything, then it would have been the best. Right now, it's good for me.
    I love the emotional part of the film very much. I loved the performance of the cast too.. if those loopholes were fixed it would have been one of the greatest movies

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2019, 12:58 PM
  2. What event divided your life into "before" and "after"?
    By Bhavya in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 12:08 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2019, 09:40 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2018, 09:47 AM
  5. Controversy between "Tabs" and "Spaces"
    By Assassin in forum Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2018, 01:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Who We Are

The Hub Sri Lanka is an online community portal for all the Sri Lankan digital Citizen's to enthusiastically learn and connect with the society by enormously increasing their knowledge and careers through an extensive collaborative marketplace.

Join us
RSS RSS 2.0 XML MAP HTML