Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How many of you want the novel series ponniyin selvan as film seiries?

  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Karikaalan's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya
    Posts
    340
       Rep Power
    15

    How many of you want the novel series ponniyin selvan as film seiries?

    Those who have read the novel series of Ponniyin selvan knows how interesting it is.
    It is 100% suitable for a international movie but the budget of the film is too high for the present Tamil cinema. Already Kamalhassan and Maniratnam have started the work and droped the project. Am I the only one waiting for the novel to be film soon.

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Medusa's Avatar
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    234
    Blog Entries
    1
       Rep Power
    15
    For me i always don't like when the famous and interesting novels become films because in our future generations there's no point to improve their readings. The books are so special we can't take that feel from digital one. So if it form as a film our future generation won't be able to read that book. may be the real story will be loose.

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Karikaalan's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya
    Posts
    340
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    For me i always don't like when the famous and interesting novels become films because in our future generations there's no point to improve their readings. The books are so special we can't take that feel from digital one. So if it form as a film our future generation won't be able to read that book. may be the real story will be loose.
    hi medusa
    i don't think so because many hollywood films are from novels. but it did not reduce the selling of novels. i hope it will increase the reading habit as people will start talking about novels

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Those who have read the novel series of Ponniyin selvan knows how interesting it is.
    It is 100% suitable for a international movie but the budget of the film is too high for the present Tamil cinema. Already Kamalhassan and Maniratnam have started the work and droped the project. Am I the only one waiting for the novel to be film soon.
    Count me in! I'd love to watch the novel as a movie or even as a TV series...
    That novel was my breath and heartbeat for a long time. First thing, I'd want to know whom they'll cast for the prime roles as Arulmozhi varman and Vandhiyathevan. Those two are my heroes still to date. Kunthavai, she's my role model! Nanthini is my idol, even though she had the negative role. I adore her for the length she went to avenge her love and the way she kept everyone around her in a tight loop.

    Waiting and waiting and still waiting!

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Karikaalan's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya
    Posts
    340
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Count me in! I'd love to watch the novel as a movie or even as a TV series...
    That novel was my breath and heartbeat for a long time. First thing, I'd want to know whom they'll cast for the prime roles as Arulmozhi varman and Vandhiyathevan. Those two are my heroes still to date. Kunthavai, she's my role model! Nanthini is my idol, even though she had the negative role. I adore her for the length she went to avenge her love and the way she kept everyone around her in a tight loop.

    Waiting and waiting and still waiting!
    I hope Tamil cinema didn't reach the market value needed for the budget of the movie series . Let's hope that our generation will resolve the problem.

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    7,682
    Blog Entries
    51
       Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Those who have read the novel series of Ponniyin selvan knows how interesting it is.
    It is 100% suitable for a international movie but the budget of the film is too high for the present Tamil cinema. Already Kamalhassan and Maniratnam have started the work and droped the project. Am I the only one waiting for the novel to be film soon.
    I love to watch Ponniyin selvan as a movie.If kamalhassan going to do it, I believe he will give the justice to the epic novel.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    Karikaalan's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya
    Posts
    340
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I love to watch Ponniyin selvan as a movie.If kamalhassan going to do it, I believe he will give the justice to the epic novel.
    Sadly Kamal will no more do it

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    Adiza's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    423
       Rep Power
    15
    I have gone through a few chapters of Ponniyin selvan. The detailing of the story by Kalki is great. Even reader could visualize the story. Film series of Ponniyin Selvan will be a milestone in Tamil cinema.
    Let's be the change

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Karikaalan's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya
    Posts
    340
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Srb View Post
    I have gone through a few chapters of Ponniyin selvan. The detailing of the story by Kalki is great. Even reader could visualize the story. Film series of Ponniyin Selvan will be a milestone in Tamil cinema.
    Definitely

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    Assassin's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Somewhere in this Universe!!
    Posts
    646
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Those who have read the novel series of Ponniyin selvan knows how interesting it is.
    It is 100% suitable for a international movie but the budget of the film is too high for the present Tamil cinema. Already Kamalhassan and Maniratnam have started the work and droped the project. Am I the only one waiting for the novel to be film soon.
    The story is too wide so I don't like "Ponniyin Selvan" as movie series, sometimes they may miss some info. I like it can be released as quality series. If it's released as a movie also I'm waiting to grab the first ticket for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Which is the best Marvel film of all-time?
    By Bhavya in forum Cinema & Movies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2019, 12:54 PM
  2. What Is Your Most Favorite Tv Series?
    By Moana in forum Cinema & Movies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2018, 05:15 PM
  3. Suggest Some of the Best Web Series
    By Helena in forum Cinema & Movies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2018, 08:05 PM
  4. Hello Everyone , Film Activist Here
    By Karikaalan in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2018, 04:31 PM
  5. Best series so far?
    By Shana in forum Cinema & Movies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-05-2018, 09:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Who We Are

The Hub Sri Lanka is an online community portal for all the Sri Lankan digital Citizen's to enthusiastically learn and connect with the society by enormously increasing their knowledge and careers through an extensive collaborative marketplace.

Join us
RSS RSS 2.0 XML MAP HTML