Quote Originally Posted by subasan View Post
I was reading all of your views and there is one word which kept repeating in my mind - ABSURD! I was planning not to comply but want to share my view here. To begin, chauvinism is a big word. You can't just blame mothers only. It's the whole society who says men shouldn't cry. Also, I don't believe that these above mentioned incidents were the whole cause for psychopath behaviours in men.

About mothers being partial towards boys - I've grown up with sisters and I did have more freedom to roam around in the late nights. Now looking back, if my sisters wanted to go out in the night they would've been let out too but it was their choice to stay at home. I'm not saying this is same case in every family but just saying. In fact, my sister was the first in our family to move to a different city to work and dad encouraged her to take it as she was hesitant in the beginning.

To conclude, I'm what i'm because of the women in my family and I'm proud to say that. Also, i'm not saying women are not to be blamed but my brain won't process the fact that mothers fuel chauvinism.

P.S: For those who think men don't cry or not allowed to cry, I'm saying that we do cry and we cry for silly things too.
Thanks For sharing your view here, for you the discussion may seemed ABSURD but all the people here shared their point of view from their experience as you shared yours.I am glad to hear that you have so much value and respect for the women in your life. I agree society also play a role in chauvinism but in a family women (especially mothers) have the big role in fuel chauvinism in men.I have seen this in my life and I am not accusing mothers I just wish them to change their mindset.