Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Selfies or any kind of pictures that we are taking is just for memories and of course use this for publicity as well! For an example, You are attending a conference and our H.E president or Malala Yousafzai was there and you have an opportunity to take selfies with them don't you steal the moment? Yes like that!

For me, Selfies are like Autographs, its all depends on the way you take and use it
Yes, if Malala Yousafzai was there, I would be there in the queue to take a selfie with her of course. But what about those moments which doesn't exactly involve celebrities? What if it's a mountain climbing experience? Would anyone be willing to take selfies on climbing just to show off to the world that they are climbing a mountain? 1 or 2 selfies make sense, but taking 5 dozen selfies spoil the moment in my POV.

Some experiences should be cherished by just us, with our senses, not via the phone camera lens. No one can 100% capture the silence or the noise or the ethereal beauty of nature. That's why we have our senses, but we hardly use that now, instead we go for selfies. At some point, we get confused whether we are doing something for ourselves or for others.