Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
Do you know how cruel the caste system was
Before the war? I have some books on it and when I read them they shows how our community was following an non-humanitarian lifestyle. Some people still follow the system inside their head . They indirectly affect the life of people so much in every fields. It is sad to know that many of the youngest generation too follow this inside them
How could we abolish them!?
I would say displacement of people have reduced the effectiveness of the caste system a lot. People should displace from their native districts in anyways such as job and education. It will increase intercaste marriages. Good education that is out of the school books should be developed.
Thanks for posting this. It should be talked. Talking on this issue will make a change
tbh, I don't have much background knowledge on the past regarding castes as you do. But I have seen such venomous activities which undermine the gifted people by slapping their caste name on their face.
I know some people who still think less of those who have talents much above theirs. I have seen some people who even asked me what my caste was and I never gave them the reply. They are still holding on to their castes and the reason, I don't know. Is it the prestige of some sort?
And as you said, displacement has indeed reduced the impact. Getting to know people as human beings is the first step towards development. Whenever I talk negatively about the caste system, there are people who give me weird looks and few who agree with me. Education will reform our society, but the change should start from the families itself. That is where even kids are being fed this nonsense.