Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Caste system, How to abolish it?

Status
    Reputed Member

Lightbulb Caste system, How to abolish it?

In the Sri Lankan society, the caste system is something that has been rooted in us for generation and generations. The reason why caste system was defined was by the profession one did for living in the ancient past.
    But we can't deny that even in this 21st century, we are still holding on to that system as if our lives depend on it. Even if someone is gutsy enough to break all the obstacles placed on them by their cast, we still talk behind their backs reminding them which caste they belong in. Is it fair to do so? After all, we're all human beings and it's our duty to respect a fellow human, not judge him/her by their caste or status.

The only thing that should define a human is his/her actions and talents. Other than that, nothing else matters. But still, castes prevail. Is there any way we could abolish caste system and be humans again?
    Suggestions welcomed!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    In the Sri Lankan society, the caste system is something that has been rooted in us for generation and generations. The reason why caste system was defined was by the profession one did for living in the ancient past.
    But we can't deny that even in this 21st century, we are still holding on to that system as if our lives depend on it. Even if someone is gutsy enough to break all the obstacles placed on them by their cast, we still talk behind their backs reminding them which caste they belong in. Is it fair to do so? After all, we're all human beings and it's our duty to respect a fellow human, not judge him/her by their caste or status.

The only thing that should define a human is his/her actions and talents. Other than that, nothing else matters. But still, castes prevail. Is there any way we could abolish caste system and be humans again?
    Suggestions welcomed!
    Do you know how cruel the caste system was
    Before the war? I have some books on it and when I read them they shows how our community was following an non-humanitarian lifestyle. Some people still follow the system inside their head . They indirectly affect the life of people so much in every fields. It is sad to know that many of the youngest generation too follow this inside them
    How could we abolish them!?
    I would say displacement of people have reduced the effectiveness of the caste system a lot. People should displace from their native districts in anyways such as job and education. It will increase intercaste marriages. Good education that is out of the school books should be developed.
    Thanks for posting this. It should be talked. Talking on this issue will make a change

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Before the war? I have some books on it and when I read them they shows how our community was following an non-humanitarian lifestyle. Some people still follow the system inside their head . They indirectly affect the life of people so much in every fields. It is sad to know that many of the youngest generation too follow this inside them
    I would say displacement of people have reduced the effectiveness of the caste system a lot. People should displace from their native districts in anyways such as job and education. It will increase intercaste marriages. Good education that is out of the school books should be developed.
    Thanks for posting this. It should be talked. Talking on this issue will make a change
    tbh, I don't have much background knowledge on the past regarding castes as you do. But I have seen such venomous activities which undermine the gifted people by slapping their caste name on their face.
    I know some people who still think less of those who have talents much above theirs. I have seen some people who even asked me what my caste was and I never gave them the reply. They are still holding on to their castes and the reason, I don't know. Is it the prestige of some sort?
    And as you said, displacement has indeed reduced the impact. Getting to know people as human beings is the first step towards development. Whenever I talk negatively about the caste system, there are people who give me weird looks and few who agree with me. Education will reform our society, but the change should start from the families itself. That is where even kids are being fed this nonsense.

Status
    Reputed Member
    tbh, I don't have much background knowledge on the past regarding castes as you do. But I have seen such venomous activities which undermine the gifted people by slapping their caste name on their face.
    I know some people who still think less of those who have talents much above theirs. I have seen some people who even asked me what my caste was and I never gave them the reply. They are still holding on to their castes and the reason, I don't know. Is it the prestige of some sort?
    And as you said, displacement has indeed reduced the impact. Getting to know people as human beings is the first step towards development. Whenever I talk negatively about the caste system, there are people who give me weird looks and few who agree with me. Education will reform our society, but the change should start from the families itself. That is where even kids are being fed this nonsense.
    The real venomous people are the one who shows themselves as against the caste system and inside following all the things . Sleeper cells .. this is the formate that cast is entering our generation.

Status
    Reputed Member
    I heard that low caste peoples are adjuncts to their high caste people in those days. Is that true? The only thing is mixed weddings can cure the caste problem. Other than, There is no solution for this problem.
    Diligence is a mother of Good luck

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhiya View Post
    I heard that low caste peoples are adjuncts to their high caste people in those days. Is that true? The only thing is mixed weddings can cure the caste problem. Other than, There is no solution for this problem.
    It's not just adjuncts. It was slavery ...
    I think everyone should know the history and know how it is being transformed to our present generation to eradicate the system

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Well said, I saw in many occasions people talk behinds someone backs about their caste,it's very ridculous, Our older generation force our generation to follow this caste system as well, this should be changed especially.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    My Brother told me about the slavery system followed by our ancients ,It was so cruel.

couldn't agree more, this is one of the best solution.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member

Suggestions welcomed!
    I totally hate those people who consider caste kind a things. We all are humans, the is just followed by the ancient people which is divided based on their professions. They keep it because when marriage happens among their caste it will help the girl to adopt easy to the society. But now everyone well educated, still we can't hold it for a long time. The change must happen with in the youngster to stop and build a healthy society without this caste system. Marriages should happen without this caste barriers. Only think I wish to ask the people if you're in a dying condition are you prefer the same caste one's blood to give you???

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Only think I wish to ask the people if you're in a dying condition are you prefer the same caste one's blood to give you???
    For this thing our people will forget the caste,Because they want to live. Our people have this weird practice they can buy things from other caste,be friend with other caste,have benefits of other caste people's work but when it comes to marriage they want to marry in their caste. I think if we abolish the caste system from marriage we can successfully abolish the caste from our society.