Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Won't people steal our ideas?

  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15

    Won't people steal our ideas?

    In meetups and other events, we are made to pitch our idea in front of a whole crowd and what if someone from the crowd steals our idea?
    Is it possible to keep our ideas safe, even though we say it out loud in front of a huge audience?

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Dhiya's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Jaffna, Belihuloya
    Posts
    291
       Rep Power
    15
    You can make a patent for your idea.
    Diligence is a mother of Good luck

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    MDilbara's Avatar
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    43
       Rep Power
    0
    I dear matters. I agree. More than anything, execution matters. No matter how many people have the same idea, the one who executes better and has luck wins.

    If you take the real work, very few of them are new ideas, all there others are ideas which existed, but someone succeeded than the other because of better execution. So, if you're into starting something, go, do it!.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    In meetups and other events, we are made to pitch our idea in front of a whole crowd and what if someone from the crowd steals our idea?
    Is it possible to keep our ideas safe, even though we say it out loud in front of a huge audience?

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Medusa's Avatar
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    234
    Blog Entries
    1
       Rep Power
    15
    I have experience on it. When we attend a hackathon we have a fantastic idea and i am the presenter but already we checked there are some ideas near to us. but our one is specific and unique. Suddenly before our presentation other team pitch our ideas nearly fully( they didn't have that specific point before come to that place) but we never give up and present well and funny.

    There's no matter your one is steal or copied but if you have well practiced and confidence you'll always unique than others.

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by MDilbara View Post
    I dear matters. I agree. More than anything, execution matters. No matter how many people have the same idea, the one who executes better and has luck wins.

    If you take the real work, very few of them are new ideas, all there others are ideas which existed, but someone succeeded than the other because of better execution. So, if you're into starting something, go, do it!.
    Thank you MDilbara.

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I have experience on it. When we attend a hackathon we have a fantastic idea and i am the presenter but already we checked there are some ideas near to us. but our one is specific and unique. Suddenly before our presentation other team pitch our ideas nearly fully( they didn't have that specific point before come to that place) but we never give up and present well and funny.

    There's no matter your one is steal or copied but if you have well practiced and confidence you'll always unique than others.
    Presenting is alright. But the thing is about someone in the crowd stealing our idea. But as MDilbara said, execution matters a lot than the idea.

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhiya View Post
    You can make a patent for your idea.
    If we go patenting for each and every idea that comes up, I'll be patenting for a mile long list of ideas. In hackathons and meetups, ideas just spring out of nowhere. We don't get the confidence of implementing the idea until we get some support morally and financially. And when we're made to pitch on the spot, it's hard to patent them all. But for those who've already established themselves as a company, it's possible, but hard for an undergraduate.

Similar Threads

  1. Writing Ideas as a habit
    By harshanas in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-27-2020, 10:29 AM
  2. Will automation steal accounting as a profession from human?
    By Bhavya in forum Artificial Inteligence
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2019, 01:02 PM
  3. Any Xmas Decorations Ideas?
    By Moana in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2018, 05:24 PM
  4. Any start up ideas?
    By Moana in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2018, 01:04 PM
  5. What's the OOP concept? Brief your ideas!!!!
    By Medusa in forum Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2018, 10:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Who We Are

The Hub Sri Lanka is an online community portal for all the Sri Lankan digital Citizen's to enthusiastically learn and connect with the society by enormously increasing their knowledge and careers through an extensive collaborative marketplace.

Join us
RSS RSS 2.0 XML MAP HTML