Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Etiquette and behaviour of the next generation kids!

  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    15

    Lightbulb Etiquette and behaviour of the next generation kids!

    Students are the future of the country and they have the potential to change the world! But the bitter truth is that some of the new generation kids have the worst behaviours and ettiqute which makes their teachers stressful to handle them. Mostly in some small schools, students behave in a way which threatens the school management.They don't even obey the teachers and don't follow the school rules.Most of them have different types of hairstyles and donot even wear their uniform properly.Teachers feel afraid to scold or take actions on them as well as to complain about them. I personally think the rules that say teachers shouldn't beat the children and the addiction towards the movies play a major role in their behaviour.Do you have an idea to solve this problem in a creative way? Please do share it.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    7,682
    Blog Entries
    51
       Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    Students are the future of the country and they have the potential to change the world! But the bitter truth is that some of the new generation kids have the worst behaviours and ettiqute which makes their teachers stressful to handle them. Mostly in some small schools, students behave in a way which threatens the school management.They don't even obey the teachers and don't follow the school rules.Most of them have different types of hairstyles and donot even wear their uniform properly.Teachers feel afraid to scold or take actions on them as well as to complain about them. I personally think the rules that say teachers shouldn't beat the children and the addiction towards the movies play a major role in their behaviour.Do you have an idea to solve this problem in a creative way? Please do share it.
    I would like to share a incident happened at my mother's school. My mother's class student threaten his English teacher that he will hit her with the help of his his elder brother outside the school. Because she scold him for not completed his homework, So the English teacher refused to take the class until the school change the boy to another division.Then as a class teacher my mother talk to that boy kindly and convince him to ask forgiveness from the English teacher and after he asked forgiveness the English teacher started taking class.

    There were two situations in this incident.In the first situation English teacher chose to correct the boy with punishment which made him behave violent. In the second situation my mother chose to correct him with kindness which made him to obey. from this one thing is very clear, With kindness only we can discipline the children.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I would like to share a incident happened at my mother's school. My mother's class student threaten his English teacher that he will hit her with the help of his his elder brother outside the school. Because she scold him for not completed his homework, So the English teacher refused to take the class until the school change the boy to another division.Then as a class teacher my mother talk to that boy kindly and convince him to ask forgiveness from the English teacher and after he asked forgiveness the English teacher started taking class.

    There were two situations in this incident.In the first situation English teacher chose to correct the boy with punishment which made him behave violent. In the second situation my mother chose to correct him with kindness which made him to obey. from this one thing is very clear, With kindness only we can discipline the children.
    I agree,kindness helps more than giving punishments! But I have heard about some incidents from my mother's school as well.In that school some students have stepped into another level where they even hate advice and reluctant to hear any word from a teacher.I'm not talking about all the students but a particular set/gang of students .The teachers in that school are literally in trouble ,they couldn't actually handle those students.There is a threat of other younger students being trained to behave like them.It really hurts to see the next generation like this
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    With kindness only we can discipline the children.
    I accept that kindness helps more than the punishments. But what if they aren't ready to listen a single word? I have heard about situations in my mother's school where the students are not even ready to listen what the teachers are trying to say,they simply avoid any advice. I'm not talking about all the students,there is a set/gang of students who enjoys doing all these things and thinks it's a kind of heroism.There are is a threat of, the younger students being mislead and tend to follow these types of behaviors in future.It hurts when seeing the next generation like this.
    Should take some actions about this!
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    7,682
    Blog Entries
    51
       Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    I accept that kindness helps more than the punishments. But what if they aren't ready to listen a single word? I have heard about situations in my mother's school where the students are not even ready to listen what the teachers are trying to say,they simply avoid any advice. I'm not talking about all the students,there is a set/gang of students who enjoys doing all these things and thinks it's a kind of heroism.There are is a threat of, the younger students being mislead and tend to follow these types of behaviors in future.It hurts when seeing the next generation like this.
    Should take some actions about this!
    I can understand your concern, How hard we try we can't change some person's mentality.So the better option is to let them be the way they are.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Adiza's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    423
       Rep Power
    15
    I think this is not only related to children and school /teachers. It is about children and parents. Parents play an important role in the behavior and attitude of children. You can't blame a child for his/her behavior. They learn what they have taught by parent and teacher. Parents do not spend time with their children to talk about how to behave, how to respect etc. They are busy with their own work. So the children learn everything from other platforms. Teachers can't hit a child. Because some of them misused it like child abuse. But children should give their due respect to a teacher.

    I think parents and teachers should have discussions regarding their children in order to solve this problem.
    Let's be the change

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    7,682
    Blog Entries
    51
       Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Srb View Post
    I think this is not only related to children and school /teachers. It is about children and parents. Parents play an important role in the behavior and attitude of children. You can't blame a child for his/her behavior. They learn what they have taught by parent and teacher. Parents do not spend time with their children to talk about how to behave, how to respect etc. They are busy with their own work. So the children learn everything from other platforms. Teachers can't hit a child. Because some of them misused it like child abuse. But children should give their due respect to a teacher.

    I think parents and teachers should have discussions regarding their children in order to solve this problem.
    Totally agree with you, Children will grow the way their parents up bring them. So it's parents responsibility to teach a good value to their children
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I can understand your concern, How hard we try we can't change some person's mentality.So the better option is to let them be the way they are.
    Hmm It's hard to be like that. Let's hope for the best
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Srb View Post
    I think this is not only related to children and school /teachers. It is about children and parents. Parents play an important role in the behavior and attitude of children. You can't blame a child for his/her behavior. They learn what they have taught by parent and teacher. Parents do not spend time with their children to talk about how to behave, how to respect etc. They are busy with their own work. So the children learn everything from other platforms. Teachers can't hit a child. Because some of them misused it like child abuse. But children should give their due respect to a teacher.

    I think parents and teachers should have discussions regarding their children in order to solve this problem.
    Exactly , parents play a major role in each children's behavior. But the bitter truth is that not every parents accept the complaints against their child and most of them try to protect their child by blaming the teachers.They think it is the actual parenting without knowing that they are spoiling their own child's future.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    Adiza's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    423
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    Exactly , parents play a major role in each children's behavior. But the bitter truth is that not every parents accept the complaints against their child and most of them try to protect their child by blaming the teachers.They think it is the actual parenting without knowing that they are spoiling their own child's future.

    True. Some parents even don't realize they are destroying their children. They don't like to admit the fact, they are responsible for their children's behavior. So they put the blame on teachers and show themselves as good parents in front of their child.
    Let's be the change

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What is the one thing you hate in people's behaviour?
    By Moana in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2019, 03:09 PM
  2. 9 Rules for Social Media Etiquette.
    By Bhavya in forum Social Media
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2019, 05:01 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-27-2019, 03:17 PM
  4. Kids of current generation premature faster.
    By Adiza in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2019, 10:38 AM
  5. Modern rules of etiquette which most of us fail to follow
    By Helena in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2019, 05:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Who We Are

The Hub Sri Lanka is an online community portal for all the Sri Lankan digital Citizen's to enthusiastically learn and connect with the society by enormously increasing their knowledge and careers through an extensive collaborative marketplace.

Join us
RSS RSS 2.0 XML MAP HTML